The following YouTube video by Aurelius Tjin lists 20 digital product ideas for making money online. You can sell these products on marketplaces mentioned in the list, or on your own website. I previously posted a beginner’s guide to making websites with WordPress, which I will link in this article. If you already own a business, you can use these digital products as promotional items. Indeed, some of them are marketing tools you can use to sell other things.
If you find this content valuable, share it! And buy merch at my Shop to support the blog.
- Tip Jar/ Buy Me A Coffee Page: Use a service called Koji, or a WordPress plugin like GiveWP.
- Shoutouts: Use Koji again, and people can pay you to ask questions. This is like super chats in a live stream, so Streamlabs is another option.
- Online Course: This is an old favorite. You can post one in Udemy, Coursera, Skillshare, or many other websites. You can also sell courses on your WordPress website with the Learndash plugin, or a membership plugin like MemberPress or Paid Memberships Pro.
- Ebooks: You can write a book in Google Docs or Reedsy, and convert it to epub format or pdf. Then you can sell it on Amazon, Nook, or your own website using WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
- Exclusive Articles: You can write an article on any topic and sell it on Koji.
- Locked/Premium Videos And Photos: You can lock these behind a paywall using one of the WordPress membership plugins, or Koji once again.
- Gated Link: Similar to locked and premium content, this is an exclusive link. See the apps above.
- Luts And Presets: These are color settings for video content.
- Social Media Prompts: These are content ideas or templates for social media posts. You can assign them to calendars to schedule ahead of time.
- Social Media Captions: These are pre-written templates for social media marketers to use in posts.
- White Label/Private Label Content: This is written content you can sell to others so they can put their names and brands on it.
- Notion Templates: Notion is a project management platform, which has a marketplace for 3rd party templates and add-ons.
- Canva Templates: You can create a design in Canva, and post it as a template for sale.
- Branding Templates: These are design templates for business cards, social media, YouTube, and more. You can sell them on Creative Market, or on your WordPress website.
- Copywriting Templates: These are content templates for landing pages, emails, ads, and any other marketing content.
- Printables: These are popular on Etsy, so you can get ideas and sell them there. You create designs to be printed on physical products.
- Paid Newsletter: This is similar to premium content. You can create an email newsletter with Mailchimp, Aweber, or the WordPress plugin MailPoet, then sell the content through a membership plugin or gated link.
- Plans: These can be plans for fitness, meal prep, marketing, blogging, or anything that requires your expertise. Sell them as ebook, PDFs, online courses, or premium content.
- Apps And Software: If you don’t know how to develop software, you can hire someone on UpWork. There are also platforms like Bubble.io and AppMakr that let you make apps without code. If you can make a WordPress website, you can make a mobile app version with AppPresser.
- Digital Ad Space: This is ad space for your website. Rather than use Google Adsense, you can sell ad space with Koji’s Billboard app.
Aurelius wraps up the video describing his Koji Billboard page, which lets him use other Koji apps to sell products mentioned earlier. For a guide to building a website with WordPress, refer to this earlier post: “Make Your Own Website: Beginner’s Guide To WordPress 2021.”